Employment Type: Full-Time
Under the direction of a Senior Plumber, the Apprentice Plumber to assist in maintaining plumbing systems, identifying repair or replacement needs, providing necessary information on the proper uses of equipment, and ensuring adequate materials are available to complete assignments.
- Assists with diagnosing problems and/or failures in plumbing systems.
- Assists with installing various domestic water and vacuum systems.
- Documents activities for the purpose of providing written support for activities performed.
- Assists in repairing various systems or components to include toilets, sinks, vents, faucets, water softeners, garbage disposals, sewer lines, vacuum breakers, hot water heaters, etc.
- Assists with repair of pipes, ensuring items are functional and in safe working condition.
- Requests equipment and supplies to maintain inventory and ensure availability of materials. Tests for leaks in new and repaired systems with compressed air and/or water. Assists with measuring, cutting, threading, bending, reaming, and installing pipe and pipe fittings.
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing, or fittings.
- Assists in locating and marking position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, or fixtures in structures.
- Maintain properly clean and stocked service vehicle.
- Attend departmental meetings.
- Participate in periodic inventory and truck inspections.
- Maintain tools and machinery in good condition and use all tools in a safety conscious manner.
- Explains each service performed to the client each time a maintenance or repair is completed and ensures complete customer satisfaction.
- Provide pricing to the customer for approval prior to performing any work.
- Participate in all company sponsored training classes.
- Maintain a professional image at all times by:
- Wearing only company approved and provided BFP apparel.
- Following safety policies and procedures.
- Abiding by ALL BFP standards of performance and code of ethics.
- Maintaining a courteous demeanor with all customers and associates.
- Maintains company vehicle, ensuring cleanliness and organization, both inside and out.
- Respecting the customer’s property.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform multiple, technical tasks to include operating equipment, adhering to safety practices, and planning/managing projects.
- Ability to perform algebra and/or geometry, read technical information, compose documents, and solve practical problems.
- Willingness to or currently pursuing a plumbing license.
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen.
- GED or High School Diploma.
- Apprentice license.
- Some basic plumbing knowledge
- Field service environment.
- Exposure to smells associated with sewer and water, sounds associated with power tools.
- Exposure to dust and other debris.
- Extreme weather conditions.
- Extended work hours to include day and/or evening shifts.
- Local travel.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and may be exposed to verbal and/or physical confrontations.
- Must be able to work extended hours, nights or weekends.
- Ability to stand, walk, and climb ladders and stairs.
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl
- Natural or corrected vision to see and focus for close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth perception.
- Work assignments may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation to a known disability.
- Be able to lift 50 lbs.