Employment Type: Full-Time
The service dispatcher schedules technician appointments at customer sites and facilitates communication between technicians, customers, and the company.
• Maintain the service technician schedules and dispatches technicians as service calls are completed.
• Schedule technician return trips with customers to complete jobs after arrival of parts.
• Maintain on?call schedule for service technician and after?hours service procedures.
• Enter service calls, schedules calls, and generates call debriefing with technicians daily.
• Maintain customer database, ensuring complete, accurate, and updated entry of information.
• Respond to customer inquiries regarding company schedule and requested lead times, equipment service, and service invoicing, and general inquiries.
• Respond to service technician requests both by online and phone.
• Follow?up and schedule preventative maintenance service appointments.
• Review completes service work orders for accuracy.
• Prepares invoices and timecards for processing.
• Participate in all company sponsored training classes.
• Effectively manage conflict resolution with clients through clear communication, addressing all concerns, questions, or problems expediently.
• Maintain and/or complete correct department codes within jobs, line items within jobs, pay codes for line items, Job Summary Screen and payment information.
• Compiles and completes required reporting (DMR, etc.).
• Work with Call Center agents and Call Center Coordinator to address customer concerns and needs.
• Maintain a professional image at all times by:
• Following safety policies and procedures.
• Abiding by ALL standards of performance and code of ethics.
• Maintaining a courteous demeanor with all customers and associates.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Minimum 2 years of experience in related industry dispatch and coordination.
• Geographical knowledge of service area and/or map reading skills.
• Advanced communication and customer service skills.
• Experience in using Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
• Ability to pass a background check and drug screen.
• GED or High School Diploma.
• General office environment.
• Ability to operate a personal computer and related equipment.
• Ability to sit for long prolonged periods of time
• Ability to multitask.
• Must have sufficient auditory functioning and visual acuity to operate computer?aided call management hardware, software and communications equipment.
• Ability to work under stressful conditions and may be exposed to verbal and/or physical confrontations.
• Must be able to work extended hours, nights or weekends.
• Work assignments may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation to a known disability.