Employment Type: Full-Time
The Drain Cleaning Technician provides thorough diagnostics of drainage issues and cleans drain lines with drain cleaning equipment.
- Removes drain cover, using wrench.
- Installs rotary knives on flexible cable, mounted on reel machine, according to diameter of pipe to be cleaned.
- Starts machine to feed revolving cable into opening, stopping machine and changing knives as necessary to conform to diameter or contour of pipe.
- Removes roots, debris, and other refuse from drains.
- Withdraws cable to deposit accumulated residue, removed from pipe in containers for disposal.
- Measures distance from drain opening to suspected leak/break
- Repairs any breaks in piping
- Maintain a professional image at all times by:
- Wearing only company approved and provided BFP apparel
- Following safety policies and procedures.
- Abiding by ALL BFP standards of performance and code of ethics.
- Maintaining a courteous demeanor with all customers and associates.
- Maintains company vehicle, ensuring cleanliness and organization, both inside and out
- Respecting the customer’s property.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have a minimum of 2 year of verifiable drain cleaning experience in a residential service and maintenance operation.
- Knowledge of plumbing field concepts, practices, best practices, procedures, tools, and equipment.
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Word and Excel
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- GED or High School Diploma.
- Associate’s degree in related field.
- Field service environment.
- Extreme weather conditions.
- Extended work hours to include day and/or evening shifts
- Local travel.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and may be exposed to verbal and/or physical confrontations.
- Must be able to work extended hours, nights or weekends.
- Ability to stand, walk, and climb ladders and stairs.
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Natural or corrected vision to see and focus for close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth perception.
- Work assignments may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation to a known disability.