Employment Type: Full-Time
The General Manager is responsible for the overall success (P & L) and management of the Franchise Business Unit. Responsibilities include planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and control Business Unit activities and functions to achieve revenue goals and objectives while maintaining a strong customer focus, leveraging the brand, and driving employee engagement in a rapidly changing and highly competitive business environment.
Promotes safety, continuous improvement, learning, high customer satisfaction, and high standards of service. Utilizes human capital effectively to increase business, manage workload and job costs, and achieve production and margin objectives.
• Assume full operational responsibility for profit and loss related activities.
• Develop and implement operational plans to achieve profit and growth goals as well as direct oversight for operational budget to accomplish objectives.
• Maintains control over departmental expenditures.
• Develops forecasts for sales growth, market mix, and profitability.
• Participates in sales generation by actively seeking new business.
• Remains current on regulatory, economic, and competitive market environments which may affect the business unit.
• Establishes, maintains, and monitors internal controls, policies, and procedures for operational areas.
• Oversight for all safety reporting and minimization of legal liability for the business unit.
• Review reports with management staff and measures business unit’s operations as well as financial records to include payroll, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
• Review pricing structure and labor rates for all departments.
• Negotiates programs, pricing, and terms through meetings with vendors who provide key material and services.
• Monitors dispatch operation to ensure all work is distributed evenly and appropriately to technicians, based on workload, technician availability, technician expertise, and priority of assignment needs.
• Monitor daily maintenance of expenses and service levels; review and approve invoices and other expenses.
• Maintains operational statistics to include call track, daily sales, technician tracking, vehicle maintenance, etc.
• Reviews customer satisfaction list daily and resolves all issues same day.
• In conjunction with the Sales Manager, develops and implements marketing plans to ensure leads budgeted exceed daily goals.
• Performs “ride?alongs” with field technical and sales staff.
• Ensures field inspections, ride?along, and warranty paperwork and invoices are properly processed.
• Conducts weekly meetings with department leaders to ensure continuity exists among team leaders and that each is meeting or exceeding annual goals.
• Participates in regularly scheduled conference calls with other GMs and attend in?person management meetings as necessary.
• Ensures all job permitting is complete according to standard and that advertising is done in adherence to Corporate guidelines.
• Manage and develop operations staff to include hiring, terminating, discipline of employees, setting work priorities, training, evaluating performance, and directing work assignments to ensure effective operations.
• Performs management support functions to include job bidding, job design and layout, project management, overseeing materials acquisition and inventory control, and assisting with collections of unpaid accounts receivables.
• Maintain a professional image at all times by:
• Wearing only company approved and provided One Hour, Ben Franklin, or Mister Sparky apparel.
• Following safety policies and procedures.
• Abiding by ALL One Hour, Ben Franklin and Mister Sparky standards of performance and code of ethics.
• Maintaining a courteous demeanor with all customers and associates.
• Respecting the customer’s property.
• Participate in ALL company sponsored training classes.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Minimum 10 years of experience in increasing responsibility in a residential service operation.
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a supervisor and manager within a home service industry operation.
• Proven, consistent track record of meeting and exceeding revenue objectives.
• Experience in analysis of cost and forecast data to align with business unit objectives and goals.
• Experience with job costing as well as operations profit and loss.
• Knowledge of laws governing business and employment in the local market.
• Background in building a team culture through recruitment, motivation, and training of staff.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
• Must have computer experience with Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Access.
• Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
• Ability to pass a background check and drug screen.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• EPA certification.
• Trade licensure
• General Office and Field Assessment.
• Frequent bending, stooping, kneeling, stretching, climbing, twisting, and reaching.
• Driving in heavy traffic for short and long distances in various weather conditions.
• Ability to stand, walk, and climb.
• Ability to continually bend, kneel, stoop, stretch, climb, twist, and reach.
• Natural or corrected vision to see and focus for close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth perception.