Employment Type: Full-Time
POSITION SUMMARY: The Installation Technician performs tasks relating to repairs/installation of plumbing, drain cleaning, for residential customers and is responsible for maintaining customer health, safety and satisfaction.
- Install and service water heater replacements, water heater installations, water service piping, home plumbing repair, bathroom remodels, kitchen remodels, sewer repairs and sewer replacements.
- Apply all codes to installations, repairs and maintenance.
- Maintain accurate documentation of installation calls and time management.
- Submit all complete paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain properly clean and stocked service vehicle.
- Attend weekly departmental meetings and trainin
- Participate in periodic inventory and truck inspections.
- Maintain tools and machinery in good condition and use all tools in a safety conscious manner.
- Explains each service performed to the client each time a maintenance or repair is completed and ensures complete customer satisfaction.
- Documents Price Book task codes on all invoices for each diagnostic, repair, and installation performed.
- Documents Part Sheets listing, corresponding job numbers and parts used on each job and turns in to the office DAILY
- Debriefs with dispatch after completion of every job
- Calls in for PO numbers for any materials picked up at suppliers
and provides cost before and after taxes to ensure accuracy.
- Turns in all parts receipts/packing slips daily and has corresponding job numbers written on them
- Maximizes lead opportunities based on company’s business plan.
- Participate in all company sponsored training classes
- Maintain a professional image at all times by
- Wearing only company approved and provided BFP apparel.
- Following safety policies and procedures
- Abiding by ALL BFP standards of performance and code of ethics
- Maintaining a courteous demeanor with all customers and associates.
- Maintains company vehicle, ensuring cleanliness and organization, both inside and out.
- Respecting the customer’s property.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of verifiable plumbing experience in a residential service and maintenance operation.
- Knowledge of plumbing field concepts, practices, best practices, procedures, tools, and equipment.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- GED or High School Diploma.
- Re-piping experience
- CPVC knowledge
- PVC DWV knowledge
- Field service environment.
- Extreme weather conditions.
- Extended work hours to include day and/or evening shifts.
- Local travel.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and may be exposed to verbal and/or physical confrontations.
- Must be able to work extended hours, nights or weekends.
- Ability to stand, walk, and climb ladders and stairs
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Natural or corrected vision to see and focus for close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth perception.
- Work assignments may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation to a known disability.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.