Employment Type: Full-Time
The Operations Manager (OM) is responsible for ensuring that customer needs are met while implementing the policies and procedures of Benjamin Franklin Plumbing®. The OM will manage, guide and set profit margin and service expectations for all managers, supervisors and field staff while ensuring the safe and efficient delivery of plumbing services and products.
• Develops and implements best operational practices while continually focusing on continuous improvement and process enhancements to achieve budgeted gross margins.
• Oversees branch spend to include labor, vendor agreements, inventory, and fleet.
• Responsible for facilities management, inspections, maintenance, and repair so as to ensure protection of company assets.
• Oversee safety compliance to include employee training, safety tracking, employee compliance assessments, and incident investigations are completed properly and corrective actions are implemented when necessary.
• Ensure all personnel adhere to OSHA safety standards and team members are safety conscious at all times.
• Works with Safety Manager (or appointed Safety Coordinator) in certifying the functional requirements of the tenants of the Health, Safety, and Environmental program are completed and the resources necessary for completion are available.
• Maintains compliance of licensing, permitting, and code requirements.
• Manages and develops service staff to include recruiting, hiring, termination, discipline, scheduling, setting work priorities, conducting staff meetings, evaluating performance and directing work assignments maximize production.
• Evaluates workloads and personnel schedules to maximize efficiency in achieving profit and customer satisfaction objectives.
• Maintains training of field personnel on systems, tools, and procedures utilizing in?house training, ride alongs, Success Academy, webinars, and online training programs.
• Provide coaching, feedback, and ongoing technical and communication training to all subordinates to increase performance.
• Review service paperwork and ensures all field personnel adhere to procedural standards of reporting and documentation.
• Conducts job site surveys, field personnel ride alongs, and work evaluations.
• Assists the dispatching operation in ensuring appropriate technician selection for the type of service.
• Ensure accurate documentation of dispatch, arrival, and completion times.
• Participate in all company sponsored training classes.
• Effectively manage conflict resolution with clients through clear communication, addressing all concerns, questions, or problems expediently.
• Weekly communication with Corporate Talent Acquisition with regards to hiring and manpower planning.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES Continued:
• Maintain a professional image at all times by:
• Wearing only company approved and provided BFP apparel.
• Following safety policies and procedures.
• Abiding by ALL BFP standards of performance and code of ethics.
• Maintaining a courteous demeanor with all customers and associates.
• Maintains company vehicle, ensuring cleanliness and organization, both inside and out.
• Respecting the customer’s property.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Must have a minimum of 10 years of verifiable managerial, technical, and sales experience in Plumbing or related field.
• Knowledge of the fundamental of operational functionality of residential and light commercial plumbing equipment and systems.
• Knowledge of the layout, installation, and service requirements for residential and light commercial plumbing.
• Must have comprehensive knowledge of current plumbing products and services.
• Consistent track record of meeting/exceeding annual revenue goals.
• Ability to understand effects of economic, financial, and market conditions on the business.
• Excellent negotiation, communication, and presentation skills.
• Knowledge of local codes and permitting requirements.
• Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Large group office management experience.
• Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
• GED or High School Diploma.
• Active plumbing license (Master’s license preferred).
• Associate’s degree in related field.
• General office and field service environment.
• Extended work hours to include day and/or evening shifts.
• Local travel.
• Ability to work under stressful conditions and may be exposed to verbal and/or physical confrontations.
• Must be able to work extended hours, nights or weekends.
• Ability to stand, walk, and climb ladders and stairs.
• Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
• Natural or corrected vision to see and focus for close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth perception.
• Work assignments may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation to a known disability.