Employment Type: Full-Time
POSITION SUMMARY: The Plumbing Advisor (PA) conducts in?home sales consultations focused on plumbing, comfort and efficiency. The PA assesses homeowner needs, develops and presents plumbing replacement / upgrade proposals, secures sales, processes orders and works with company teammates to ensure customer satisfaction. This position will work with new and existing customers to guide them through the Sales Process while exploring equipment and financing options.
- Identify, pre?qualify and call on non?contract customers and current contract customers to increase awareness of Company service offerings.
- Prepare estimates for contracts and proposals.
- Follow?up on sales leads and lists, both self?generated and via other sources.
- Manage multiple, ongoing, opportunities particularly focusing on selling service agreements and new equipment.
- Sell, renew and expand renewable service agreements, to both new and existing customer
- Maintain a closing ratio on:
- Generated leads of 70% or higher
- Marketed leads of 50% or higher
- Maintain an average sale price set forth by the brand.
- Utilize the Company’s Sales System properly on every call.
- Perform a complete customer needs survey on every call.
- Complete all paperwork in a timely and accurate manner on all leads, including financing paperwork and the collection of cash payments.
- Must be accessible by phone at all times, other than scheduled vacations or holidays
- Demonstrate technical expertise and maintains a high level of
- Recommend solutions and links customer objectives to total value solution and competitive advantage
- Positively and credibly influence service strategies with homeowners.
- Develop proposals and contracts for residential service agreements.
- Effectively write and present proposals.
- Negotiate value and address resistance and closes the sale.
- Participate in all company sponsored training classes.
- Maintain a professional image at all times by:
- Wearing only company approved and provided BFP apparel.
- Following safety policies and procedures.
- Abiding by ALL BFP standards of performance and code of ethics
- Maintaining a courteous demeanor with all customers and associates.
- Maintains company vehicle, ensuring cleanliness and organization, both inside and out.
- Respecting the customer’s property.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 3 years of in?home sales experience.
- Prior success in the industry with knowledge of industry and local market.
- Knowledge of plumbing field concepts, practices, best practices, procedures, tools, and equipment.
- Strong relationship building skills, customer focused and disciplined.
- Strong needs?based sales skills and a passion for excellence.
- Previous experience with in?home service agreement sales and estimating.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- GED or High School Diploma.
- Associate’s degree in related field.
- General office setting and local travel.
- Extreme weather conditions.
- Extended work hours to include day and/or evening shifts.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and may be exposed to verbal and/or physical confrontations.
- Must be able to work extended hours, nights or weekends.
- Ability to stand, walk, and climb ladders and stairs.
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Natural or corrected vision to see and focus for close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth perception.
- Work assignments may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation to a known disability.