POSITION SUMMARY: The Repipe Technician is responsible for the excavation and installation of new underground utilities to include trenchless water, sewer and gas. Provides thorough diagnostics of drainage issues as well as cleans drain and sewer lines with drain cleaning equipment.
- Performs fresh water and sewer line repair, replacement, and installation through excavation activities to include trenchless and slab penetration.
- Locate problems, using specially designed equipment, and mark where digging must occur to reach damaged tanks or pipes
- Dig and backfill trenches and breakup/remove concrete by hand and on excavators/loaders.
- Install or repair individual sewer and/or fresh water service lines serving private properties.
- Operate sewer cleaning equipment, including power rodders, high velocity water jets, sewer flushers, bucket machines, wayne balls, and backhoes
- Service, adjust, and make minor repairs to equipment, machines, and attachments.
- Withdraw cables from pipes and examine them for evidence of mud, roots, grease, and other deposits indicating broken or clogged sewer lines
- Clean and repair drain fields, sewer lines, or related structures.
- Prepare and keep records of actions taken, including maintenance and repair work.
- Cut damaged sections of pipe with cutters, remove broken sections from ditches, and replace pipe sections, using pipe sleeves.
- Measure excavation sites, using plumbers’ snakes, tapelines, or lengths of cutting heads within sewers, and mark areas for digging.
- Start machines to feed revolving cables or rods into openings, stopping machines and changing knives to conform to pipe sizes.
- Ensure that repaired sewer line joints are tightly sealed before backfilling begins.
- Cover repaired pipes with dirt, and pack backfilled excavations using air and gasoline tampers.
- Maintain a professional image at all times by
- Wearing only company approved and provided BFP apparel
- Following safety policies and procedures.
- Abiding by ALL BFP standards of performance and code of ethics
- Maintaining a courteous demeanor with all customers and associates.
- Maintains company vehicle, ensuring cleanliness and organization, both inside and out
- Respecting the customer’s property.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have a minimum of 2 year of verifiable excavation and drain cleaning experience in a residential service and maintenance operation.
- Extensive knowledge of excavation work.
- Knowledge of plumbing field concepts, practices, best practices, procedures, tools, and equipment.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- GED or High School Diploma.
- OSHA Safety Standards knowledge and/or certification. (Training provided by us)
- Field service environment.
- Extreme weather conditions.
- Extended work hours to include day and/or evening shifts.
- Local travel.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and may be exposed to verbal and/or physical confrontations.
- Must be able to work extended hours, nights or weekends.
- Able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to work in confined spaces and open trenches.
- Ability to stand, walk, and climb ladders and stairs
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Natural or corrected vision to see and focus for close, distance peripheral vision with normal depth perception.
- Work assignments may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation to a known disability.