EMPLOYEMENT TYPE: Full-Time
The Safety Manager develops, implements, and monitors programs that drive year over year increases in safety and ergonomics as well as maintain the highest environmental quality standards.
• Oversees the design and development of facilities, work areas, and work procedures as well as makes Health, Safety and Environmental recommendations.
• Develops new and creative methods to drive continuous improvement HSE practices.
• Responsible for preparing, maintaining, and updating environmental policy and procedure manual.
• Ensures compliance with all HSE regulations and stays abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization.
• Develops health, safety, environmental, and workers’ compensation best practices.
• Implements best in class HSE strategies, programs, and practices.
• Advisor to health and safety administration team regarding projects, tasks, and operations.
• Monitors removal of physical, biological, and chemical hazards.
• Trains employees on safety policies, procedures and regulations.
• Ensure workforce has the capabilities and processes needed for behavioral alignment to the safety strategy.
• Maintain a professional image at all times by:
• Wearing only company approved and provided Retail apparel.
• Following safety policies and procedures.
• Abiding by ALL standards of performance and code of ethics.
• Maintaining a courteous demeanor with all customers and associates.
• Respecting the customer’s property.
• Participate in ALL company sponsored training classes.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Minimum 8 years of experience in increasing and proactive responsibility for environmental, health, and safety in a fast paced industry setting.
• Broad knowledge of risk assessment tools and other safety practices.
• Solid, current knowledge of federal and state environmental safety regulations.
• Proven track record as an effective change agent required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
• Must have computer experience with Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Access.
• Experience operating warehouse equipment including forklifts.
• Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
• Ability to pass a background check and drug screen.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• EPA certification.
• Industry licenses.
• General Office and Field Assessment.
• Frequent bending, stooping, kneeling, stretching, climbing, twisting, and reaching.
• Driving in heavy traffic for short and long distances in various weather conditions.
• Ability to stand, walk, and climb.
• Ability to continually bend, kneel, stoop, stretch, climb, twist, and reach.
• Natural or corrected vision to see and focus for close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth perception.