Employment Type: Full-Time
The Plumber will apply their technical skills and knowledge in performing diagnostic, service, and installation of plumbing in residential environments and ensures that work is performed in accordance with relevant codes. Responsibilities include assemble, install, or repair pipes, fittings, or fixtures of heating, water, or drainage systems in accordance with plumbing code specifications.
- Perform residential service calls to diagnose and resolve plumbing issues.
- Identifies potential problems to prevent premature and/or unexpected breakdowns/callbacks.
- Maintains and repairs plumbing systems carrying water, steam, chemicals, and fuel in heating, cooling, lubricating and other process piping systems.
- Inspects high water pressure,
- Repairs or replaces plumbing fixtures, test joints, and pipe systems.
- Interprets drawings and specifications to determine layout requirements.
- Studies homes and inspects structures to assess material and equipment needs, establish sequence of pipe installations, and plan installation around obstructions.
- Measure, cut, thread, bend, ream, and install pipe and pipe fittings.
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing, or fittings.
- Locates and marks position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, or fixtures in structures.
- Installs pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances or fixtures using hand or power tools.
- Maintain accurate documentation of service calls and time management.
- Submit all complete paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain properly clean and stocked service vehicle.
- Attend weekly departmental meetings.
- Participate in periodic inventory and truck inspections.
- Maintain tools and machinery in good condition and use all tools in a safety conscious manner.
- Explains each service performed to the client each time a maintenance or repair is completed and ensures complete customer satisfaction.
- Explains Club Membership Agreements to every client, maintains a 30% Club Membership conversion rate on repair clients.
- Documents Price Book task codes on all invoices for each diagnostic, repair, and installation performed.
- Documents Part Sheets listing, corresponding job numbers and parts used on each job and turns in to the office DAILY.
- Debriefs with dispatch after completion of every job.
- Calls in for PO numbers for any materials picked up at suppliers and provides cost before and after taxes to ensure accuracy.
- Turns in all parts receipts/packing slips daily and has corresponding job numbers written on them.
- Provide pricing to the customer for approval prior to performing any work.
- Retains 90% of Membership Clients and maintains an 85% appointment conversion ratio in the home.
- Maximizes lead opportunities based on company’s business plan.
- Participate in all company sponsored training classes.
- Maintain a professional image at all times by:
- Wearing only company approved and provided BFP apparel.
- Following safety policies and procedures.
- Abiding by ALL BFP standards of performance and code of ethics.
- Maintaining a courteous demeanor with all customers and associates.
- Maintains company vehicle, ensuring cleanliness and organization, both inside and out.
- Respecting the customer’s property.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of verifiable plumbing experience in residential
- Knowledge of local and national plumbing codes.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings.
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
- GED or High School Diploma.
- 5 or more years in the plumbing field
- Field service environment.
- Exposure to smells associated with sewer and water, sounds associated with power tools.
- Exposure to dust and other debris.
- Extreme weather conditions.
- Extended work hours to include day and/or evening shifts.
- Local travel.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and may be exposed to verbal and/or physical confrontations.
- Must be able to work extended hours, nights or weekends.
- Ability to stand, walk, and climb ladders and stairs.
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Natural or corrected vision to see and focus for close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth perception.
- Work assignments may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation to a known disability.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.