Employment Type: Full-Time
POSITION SUMMARY: The Service Supervisor is responsible for scheduling and supervising employees to effectively provide service, repair and installation for
customers. The Service Supervisor supports good customer relations by ensuring that services are provided as scheduled, at competitive prices, and that all applicable codes and regulations are adhered to.
- Supervises and delegates service personnel to include assistance with hiring, and discipline, scheduling personnel, setting work priorities, training, completing time sheets, evaluating performance, and supervising work assignments to ensure effective operations.
- Evaluates work load and schedules to maximize production.
- Ensure materials and equipment are ordered and distributed for scheduled jobs
- Review and approval of parts, material, equipment, and tool procurement.
- Assist with dispatching of services to appropriate technician.
- Ensure each job is completed on time and to customer satisfaction and perform on?site inspections.
- Review service paperwork and ensures all field personnel adhere to procedural standards of reporting and documentation.
- Evaluates staff to determine training requirements and provides recommendations to the Service/Operations Manager
- Assists with oversight of safety reporting.
- Assists in providing accurate reports and updates on labor costs, work scheduling, billing, and payroll.
- Provide coaching, feedback, and ongoing technical and communication training to all subordinates to increase performance
- Participate in all company sponsored training classes.
- Effectively manage conflict resolution with clients through clear communication, addressing all concerns, questions, or problems expediently.
- Communicates with other departments to ensure the proper transfer of all service work business data.
- Maintain a professional image at all times by:
- Wearing only company approved and provided BFP apparel.
- Following safety policies and procedures.
- Abiding by ALL BFP standards of performance and code of ethics.
- Maintaining a courteous demeanor with all customers and associates.
- Maintains company vehicle, ensuring cleanliness and organization, both inside and out.
- Respecting the customer’s property.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of plumbing field concepts, practices, best practices, and procedures.
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- GED or High School Diploma.
- Associate’s degree in related field.
- Plumbing license (Journeyman or Master)
- General office and field service environment.
- Extended work hours to include day and/or evening shifts.
- Local travel.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and may be exposed to verbal and/or physical confrontations.
- Must be able to work extended hours, nights or weekends.
- Ability to stand, walk, and climb ladders and stairs.
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Natural or corrected vision to see and focus for close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth perception.
- Work assignments may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation to a known disability.