Tankless water heaters are praised for their energy efficiency, endless hot water, and excellent longevity. These benefits convince more and more homeowners every year to switch over to tankless. Still, even tankless water heaters aren’t indestructible.
The next time your tankless unit acts up, contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Tampa and Tarpon Springs for the water heater service you need. We’re here for you when your shower goes cold or your tap water turns strange colors!
Contact our Tampa plumber at 813-980-3353 to request tankless water heater repair today.
Signs Your Tankless Water Heater Needs Repair
Keep an eye out for these problems, and give us a call for help resolving them:
- Water heater shutting itself off: A clogged filter is the most common cause of this problem. Our professionals can replace the system filter, if needed, or diagnose any other underlying causes.
- Fluctuating temperatures: If your shower varies from just right to too hot to too cold within a few minutes, there might be an electrical problem with your water heater. However, keep in mind that tankless units have a lower flow rate than storage water heaters. To prevent fluctuating temperatures, you shouldn’t run the dishwasher or washing machine while taking a shower.
- Tripped breaker: New tankless water heaters—or older ones with loose connections—can cause sudden power surges that trip the circuit breaker. If the appliance isn’t on a dedicated circuit, you may also see lights flicker around your home. To prevent an electrical hazard, have this problem repaired promptly.
- Strange taste or color to your water: Sometimes, the municipal water supply is at fault for this problem, but if metallic-tasting or copper-colored water only comes from the hot water tap, your tankless water heater could be the one to blame.
Notice these signs of tankless water heater problems? If so, call 813-980-3353 or contact us online for tankless water heater repair at your Tampa Bay area home!
Types of Tankless Water Heater Problems We Fix
We can repair natural gas and electric tankless water heaters of any brand or size. Here are some of the problems we have experience fixing:
- Mineral buildup: It’s a common misconception that tankless water heaters are immune to mineral buildup. However, our hard water here in Florida leaves deposits wherever it goes, including within the pipes of a tankless unit. Fortunately, a quick flush with a specialized cleaner removes buildup and helps prevent future deposits.
- Blocked air supply or exhaust flue: When your tankless water heater acts up, check the digital display for an error code. It may tell you an incoming or outgoing air vent is obstructed, preventing the unit from running for safety reasons. Birds, rodents, and wasps may build nests that create a blockage. Removing them should restore proper operation.
- Ignition failure: If your tankless water heater runs on natural gas, make sure the valve is fully open. If your water heater is propane-powered, check that the tank has ample fuel. Contact us if these troubleshooting measures don’t work.
- Flame failure: This problem can also result from inadequate fuel flow. Other causes include an undersized gas line, failed regulator, combustion or venting issues, and more. Give us a call for a diagnosis and repair.
Reliable Tankless Water Heater Repair in Tampa, FL
At Ben Franklin Plumbing, we treat our customers the same way we want to be treated. This includes offering upfront pricing, courteous behavior while in your home, and your satisfaction guaranteed. We pride ourselves on our punctuality, so you can expect us to arrive on time for your tankless water heater repair. If there’s any delay, it’s YOU we pay!
Stop dealing with a troublesome water heater and give Ben Franklin Plumbing a call today at 813-980-3353.
We have the knowledge, tools, and commitment to customer service required to get the job done right the first time around.