POSITION SUMMARY: The Warehouse Manager will oversee the day to day operations and activities of the warehouse and has direct oversight for distribution and logistics of assigned work materials, equipment, and supplies, in-process inventory control and warehouse management. The Warehouse Manager is also responsible for the shipment, requisition, and storage of materials, supplies, and equipment into and from warehouse. Prepares, monitors, and responsible for budget, staffing, and or business/operational results of a functional team or project. Directly manages individual contribuors.
- Coordinate deliveries to and from job sites, customers, and suppliers.
- Verify counts and prices on shipments; Oversees update pricing as items are placed in inventory.
- Supervise loading and unloading of trucks and take proactive measures to protect against warehouse losses.
- Maintain stock control systems and plan future capacity requirements.
- Ensure incoming supplier packers to invoices are matched and submitted to the Accounting department daily.
- Assist in product and material research for technicians; determine price and availability.
- Ensure materials are pulled for vehicle restock.
- Ensure received items are placed in warehouse inventory.
- Track and update all material and equipment in job holding area.
- Oversee inventory cycle counting and ensure that bins, prices and inventory lists are updated and maintained.
- Ensure warehouse is secure at all times and that vehicles, warehouse, and grounds are in safe working condition.
- Conduct regularly scheduled safety inspections of jobsites and equipment at the warehouse, including fleet and vehicles.
- Oversee the planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery, and equipment.
- Complete all required OSHA and workers’ compensation reporting.
- Maintain a professional image at all times by:
- Wearing only company approved and provided Retail apparel.
- Following safety policies and procedures.
- Abiding by ALL standards of performance and code of ethics.
- Maintaining a courteous demeanor with all customers and associates.
- Respecting the customer’s property.
- Participate in ALL company sponsored training classes.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- At least two or more years shipping and receiving experience.
- A working knowledge of plumbing, electrical and/or HVAC operations familiarization with associated parts.
- Knowledge of inventory/warehouse management and distribution software.
- Experience working with contractors and vendors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have computer experience with Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access.
- Experience operating warehouse equipment including forklifts.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen.
- GED or High School Diploma.
- Warehouse environment.
- Frequent bending, stooping, kneeling, stretching, climbing, twisting, and reaching.
- Driving in heavy traffic for short and long distances in various weather conditions.
- Capability of lifting 75 pounds.
- Capability to carry items weighing 75 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk, and climb.
- Ability to continually bend, kneel, stoop, stretch, climb, twist, and reach.
- Natural or corrected vision to see and focus for close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth perception.